Saturday 6 August 2011

Kill, Baby, Kill

    *** out of ****

        Mario Bava’s more well-known films work a certain charm for me, and I think I know why. Bava himself is one of the few horror directors who ever lived that could master nightmare surrealism as well as he does. While some believe that films such as Lucio Fulci’s “The Beyond” capture the nightmare perfectly, I’m going to have to go along, disagree, and give people like Mario Bava more credit.

  And he deserves it. Bava is a very good filmmaker. I last saw “Blood and Black Lace” when it comes to Bava films, and you know what; I loved it. That is what a great giallo thriller should be; gruesome, bloody, perhaps a bit perverse; but ultimately passionate in each of the three. Now, I’m reviewing “Kill, Baby, Kill”, which you probably haven’t heard of; but I have, I did, and I saw it. And I’m glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment