Sunday 14 August 2011

THE LIVES OF OTHERS [DAS LEBEN DER ANDEREN] (2006)

Running time: 137 mins (approx)
Certification (UK): 15

Genre: Drama/Thriller
UK Release date: 13th April 2007

Watched on Sky+ Sunday 14th August 2011.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW.

I remember when this came out it got quite a lot of critical acclaim. Of course it never made it to a cinema near me and so when it came up in the TV listings it became a ‘must see’ for me. I’m really glad I saw it, it’s somewhat different to what I was expecting (in a good way). I know there are a few out there that are afraid of subtitles, so I should tell you that yes, it’s in German with subtitles. For me, this isn’t a problem, but with a long film (as this is), I find I sometimes have to take a break to rest the brain for a few minutes. I found it to be a really engaging drama that has some truly powerful scenes and some great performances. Here’s a brief summary before I give you my thoughts.

Full Review Here

No comments:

Post a Comment